Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nicole Tries Crackers again

So I was a fan of the cinnamon sugar ones I made last time. So I tried to make it again. This time I'm back at my apartment.

First thing I noticed this time around the dough wasn't as sticky. Which is good I guess, but I'm not so sure. The only difference was I didn't have sea salt, so I used regular salt.

I coated my crackers with the cinnamon sugar and placed in the oven.

Half of them came out burnt. It seems the ones that were in the middle of the cookie sheet came out fine and the rows on the ends were burnt beyond belief. At least I had the fan on and didn't set off my smoke detector.

Here's a shot of the decent ones.

I will say this time they are Crispy.

Now I also did a batch of plain ones. Again most came out, but a few on the ends burnt to a crisp. I'm thinking maybe not to keep the oven at 450 since it seems it burns a bit more. But at least I have some of each so I can have a snack of  crackers, and with the plain ones honey.

Here's a shot of the plain crackers:

Also, while you are at it, go to beekman1802.com and go buy their original cajeta. It's amazing with ice cream, apples, and off the spoon.

Cajeta Picture

2 comments: