Friday, April 22, 2011

Laurie makes Crackers and Salad

Another family gathering....and we all bring something. My sister Jen is hosting Easter dinner and since I will be in New York tomorrow, I spent this afternoon in the kitchen. I must say Jen laughed at me when I emailed her the recipes I was going to make and said "I can't believe you are looking up recipes online." Yes, she knows me well. I told her I blame my new obsession with the Beekman Boys.

Anyway, I made the same crackers as Nicole did, but mine sure look different than hers. They are all different shapes and sizes, but I kind of like that.

I used this recipe.
Here's the flour mixture:
Cooking by Beekman 001


Here's the dough (it was messy, but fun!):
Cooking by Beekman 002


After letting it sit for 30 minutes like it was called for, I rolled it out. What? Surprised I own a rolling pin? I also surprisingly own a lot of Pampered chef items, despite not liking to cook!
Cooking by Beekman 009


I used my pizza cutter to slice the dough (it worked fine, no I don't have any cookie cutters, but I will accept gifts! LOL).
Cooking by Beekman 010


The plate of homemade crackers. Before baking, I topped some with suger/cinnamon mix, some with a smidge of cheddar cheese and some with a smidge of asiago cheese. And some I left plain.
Cooking by Beekman 011


I also made Feta and Cilantro Pasta Salad. Recipe here.


Okay, so I cheated a little on this one. I didn't use heirloom tomatoes, perhaps the local fresh produce store will have some in the summer and I'll make this again. I just bought caned diced tomatoes. And no, I don't own a garlic press, so I didn't buy fresh garlic, I used minced garlic purchased in the spice aisle. (I just guessed as to the measurement).


As you can see, I did have olive oil in the pantry, and I *have* used it in the past!
Cooking by Beekman 003


Cooked pasta:
Cooking by Beekman 004


The tomato, garlic, cilantro mixture:
Cooking by Beekman 006


Add the feta cheese! (I may have sampled some of this prior to pouring into the bowl!).
Cooking by Beekman 007


All the ingredients together! Looks really great!!! I hope everyone likes it!
Cooking by Beekman 008


No comments:

Post a Comment