Sunday, May 8, 2011

Laurie makes Pizza Puffs

Got this out of the "Hungry Girl 300 under 300" cookbook. It was easy to make and tasted pretty good, too. My only problem was not finding the crescent dough...I swear I need food shopping 101 because I couldn't find it (or I'm just shopping in the wrong store). I used pizza dough instead.

Here's the mushrooms, peppers and onions frying up!
pizza puffs 001


I chopped up the string cheese:
pizza puffs 002


Mixture of Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and grated parmesan cheese"
pizza puffs 003


Rolled out the pizza dough, cut it in small shapes (was supposed to be squares, I'm sure the crescent dough would have been easier to work with, I'll go to the better grocery store next time as I'm sure they have it on their shelves!). Put the veggie mixture and the cheese on squares and then try your best to roll them up!
pizza puffs 004


Here they are out of the oven. After rolling, spray some Pam on the puffs, then spoon the seasoning mixture over them (then bake). You can heat up some marinara sauce to dip this in (which I did). These even got my daughters seal of approval! (She's not a picky eater by any means, but it's nice to know she appreciates me trying to prepare something new when it comes to food!

pizza puffs 005

1 comment: